terça-feira, 30 de novembro de 2010

The People Up Top Push The People Down Low.

I just wanted to tell this short story that I just remembered.
Once upon a time, I was 11 years old and fell in love with my favorite band ever (Red Hot Chili Peppers). I was obsessed with it by then, I almost only talked about it, I almost only thought about it. It was pratically a sickness, really. And I used to tell people that one day I'd go to Los Angeles with my best friend Flávia (whom I also met when I was 11), and that we were gonna knock at every door until we found where Anthony lived. We used to say we were gonna knock and ask, 'Does Anthony Kiedis live here ?'.
Nowadays, I laugh at this story. But honestly, if I ever went to LA, I'm a hundred per cent sure I'd be feeling restless about going knocking door after door after him. And I'm sure because there's this guy - who might potentially be my soul mate - who lives very far away from here, who's coming to the city I live in the day after tomorrow. And even if I don't meet him, just the thought of being in the same city as him makes me so nervous! I'll probably walk around the city on Thursday looking for him in every face, restless to find him. Even though I know I'm not ready to meet him.
It's just that I got so used to the distance, so used to thinking of him as unreal. Now that I think of the possibility of actually touching him, my whole body gets cold and I get really nervous. But here's the thing, my soul mate or not, I don't really like him that way. Why am I so nervous ?
But then again, I never liked Anthony like that. I was just fan! It doesn't mean I'd marry him.
I should talk about that friend of mine. He's like, perfect. He likes Blink-182, Offspring, RHCP, Sum 41, Green Day (pratically everything I like when it comes to music). He's left-handed, he likes videogames, and football and skateboarding. Seriously, he's perfect. Even his name is perfect. And I'd be really embarassed if he ever read this. But he won't.
I've got other stories like that one about Anthony Kiedis. I've got a few about Eminem and Chester (from Linkin Park). But I'll save them for another time.



L.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário