quinta-feira, 5 de agosto de 2010

Underclass Hero.

"Pull the curtain, begin. Paranoia is wearing thin now. It's wearing thin now"
I've spent all week with this song in my head. All week. Since Saturday, really. And it comes from one of my favorite albuns ever.
Lead by one of the most stylish people I've ever seen (Deryck Whibley), this canadian band won my heart with this album released in 2007. I knew Deryck from Avril Lavigne (girl I love and hate since 2002) and I always looked up for pictures of him on the internet to find out what he was wearing. I really don't know why I didn't go after his music. I liked 'With Me', which I never listen to anymore (it's the only song in this album I'm not too excited about). But I never tried listening to the rest of it.
One sunny day I decided to go after it. And I haven't regreted it ever since. I ended up falling in love with many of their songs, especially from their albuns 'Chuck' and 'Does This Look Infected?'. But I'm gonna talk about 'Underclass Hero' because if it weren't for it, Sum 41 wouldn't be in my heart.
Let's do it. 
The first song, which carries the same name as the album, is the perfet way to start it. It's one of the best, too. It sets the tone of the album. And it's followed by another one of my favorites, 'Walking Disaster'. It's a bit sad, in a very 'Underclass Hero' way (which can make a few people call them 'emo', but I disagree). The next one, 'Speak of the Devil', starts off so slowly, that when the drums begins to give it a stronger beat, I can't help it, it makes me smile so bad! The chorus is just as fast as it should be, the lyrics are great, even its name. But still, 'Pull The Curtain' is still my favorite.
'Dear Father' is the one that brings me down the most. But it's easy going. About the rest of the album, the ones I think deserve more attention are 'Pull The Curtain' and 'King of Contradiction'.
Everything about 'Pull The Curtain' gets me. Especially the ending. That extra ending makes it all worth it. Besides, it only makes the next song, 'King of Contradiction', even better. It's a fast, fast song. Restless guitar, drums and angry lyrics. It's great. The heavy guitar that appears at the end is simply awesome. And it ends up with the begining of the next song, 'Best of Me', which is adorable and quite sad too. Very romantic for Sum 41.
It's one of my favorite albuns ever. It fit a very particular time of my life and it was really all I needed then. Therefore, here it is. Sum 41, Underclass Hero. Worth listening to.

L.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário