quinta-feira, 5 de agosto de 2010

Believe.

I still haven't quite figured out why Orianthi has released a new album that has 8 songs from her first album. And the same name (except that this new one has got the 'II' after it). But okay. I gave it a try. I usually trust her (I've got reasons for it). Her song 'Bad News' (which appears on the second album too) is one of my favorite Girl Power songs (I really love Girl Power). And, I don't know why, but her song 'According to You' (which also appears on the second album) is the perfect soundtrack for a phase from Tomb Raider Underworld, which I have lots of trouble passing (although I've finished it about eight times). It's powerful and great for you to listen when angry at an ex. And it just made it that much easier for me to drive Lara's bike.
Well, the first time I listened to Orianthi's album (the first one), I liked it, alright. But I wasn't head over heels for it. I'm still not head over heels for it. It's good pop. It's great, actually. Because, seriously, these days every pop singer wants to sing in an eletronic beat. Anybody noticed that already ? I can't stand it anymore (although Christina Aguilera did it and her album is amazing). Orianthi keeps it clean and well done. Of course her pop is a little bit more like rock. But that's just because of her restless guitar. She herself is a great guitarrist. It's clear in her songs. But I don't relate to her kind of playing. You know, I don't think playing it fast and frenetic makes you good. But it works well on her songs.
Like I said, I'm still not head over heels for it. Only for a few songs. 'Bad News', 'According to You', 'Feels Like Home' and 'Courage' (this last one is only on her second album).
The first single (I think it is. Again, I'm not good with singles) is 'Shut Up and Kiss Me'. Pretty good. Powerful. But doesn't really make you feel - wait for it - alive.
If I could only listen to one of the Believe albuns, I'd choose the second one. But, truth be told, I still feel weird listening to the songs from the first album on the second one. Really, when I wanna listen to one of the eight (eight!) songs that are in both, I always choose the first one. I don't know. Maybe she hasn't had time to write new songs. Or just wanna sell more.
Still. I like her. She's a badass. And so is 'Bad News'. Like, really.
Orianthi is 25 years old and was born in Australia. She probably talks with an accent too. 

L.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário